If you are interested in playing in any of the club competitions this season please enter your name for the singles and the names of all of the team members for each of the team competitions you wish to enter. Sheets will be on the noticeboard at Leominster IBC, Bridge Street.
A minimum of 4 teams are required for a competition to take place.
Any queries, phone Competition Secretary Clive Allen
01432 268574 or 07946 037824
1. Any competitor must be correctly entered and the fees paid before play.
2. Sessions will be:-
a. Singles - 2 hours or 21 shots, whichever comes first.
b. Pairs - 3 hours or 21 ends, whichever comes first.
c. Triples - 3 hours or 18 ends, whichever comes first.
d. Fours - 3 hours or 21 ends, whichever comes first.
3. Skips to be responsible for ensuring that score cards, stating all players' names, are correct, signed and put in the competition box. In singles both players are responsible as the skips above.
4. For all matches, the challenger (i.e. the name first listed) must, within 7 days of the closing date of the previous round, or in the case of the first round, within 7 days of the date posted on the competition sheet, offer his/her opponent the choice of 3 dates, one of which must be a weekend. Within 3 days of the receipt of this offer, the opponent must accept one of the offered dates, or concede a walkover. The time for commencing the match shall be mutually agreed but no player shall be compelled to accept a staring time earlier than 6pm on weekdays or 10am on weekends.
5. NO TRIAL ENDS except in the finals, which will have no time limit.
6. No visits to the head, except in Singles and Pairs (in Pairs only by the skip), and then only after a minimum of two bowls have been delivered.
7. If there is a tie at the end of the match an extra end will be played and a coin shall be tossed to decide who gets the mat for the extra end.
8. All names of those in each team in competitions shall be notified in advance.
9. One substitute only is permissible in each competition team, such substitute not having played in that particular competition. The substitute can play in any position except skip.
10. If play has not started within 10 minutes of the due start time, the game may be claimed by the waiting side. Both teams to pay their rink fees.
11. An end where the jack is driven off – rink by a bowl shall be regarded as a “dead “end and shall be replayed.